Ford Transit Connect Forum

2017 XLT model changes/upgrades

Boomerweps

Anybody notice Ford replaced the fold forward "desk" plastic passenger seat back in the XLT LWB with a cloth back with a pocket? XL model apparently still has the fold down seat. I liked it in my 2014 for hauling 2x4s.

Roof rails standard, but not the crossbars needed to haul ANYTHING on the roof.

Rear parking sensors standard.

Heated outside power mirrors standard.

Auto dimming rear view mirror.

Automatic headlights.

Rain sensing wipers that automatically turn on the headlights.

Hmm, interesting.

I have an early 2017, no roof rack, rear parking sensors yes, but it was optional ($195), Heated outside power mirrors - yes. auto dimming rear view mirror - not sure, Automatic headlights, no, but I wish I had them.... Rain sensing wipers, also a no, would need the rain light sensor for that, probably comes with the auto headlights.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 10:42 PM, zalienz said:

Hmm, interesting.

I have an early 2017, no roof rack, rear parking sensors yes, but it was optional ($195), Heated outside power mirrors - yes. auto dimming rear view mirror - not sure, Automatic headlights, no, but I wish I had them.... Rain sensing wipers, also a no, would need the rain light sensor for that, probably comes with the auto headlights.

I downloaded the Ford 2017 TC sales brochure and it lists the items in my post. Yes, the rain sensing wipers require the auto headlights. Non auto dimming mirrors have the flip toggle on the bottom middle. On our 2014 TC, my wife usually just left the headlights on. The battery power saving feature shut them off shortly after the TC was turned off anyways. Not true auto headlight s but close. And as I complained in another post, you don't get a roof rack, you get roof rails. For the roof rack  option you pay $200. To buy the crossbars to make the rack useable, that's $500+.

The 2017 XLT LWB was only a gain of length and seats to me. The loss of some options & features I had and added cargo height were offset by the new features, so it basically evened out.

Edited by Boomerweps

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MLB said:

My 16 has the nice flat plastic back on the passenger seat but I can't find any way to fold it forward. 

The fold down lever on my 2014 was a latch on one of the seat back top shoulders. Then again I'm basing my post(s) on my new XLT vs. my 2014 XLT and from what is listed in the sales brochures. 

My 2014 XLT SWB with leather seats also doesn't appear to have a way to fold the passenger seatback forward.  Wish it did  -  I can see where that would be handy

I also have the 6 way power drivers seat which I really like, but not on the passenger side  -  It's manual

Don

Well I'll be danged if there it the lever to drop the passenger seat forward!  LOL  :)

And my 11.5' paddleboard fits in my TC but not in gf's Odessey!   

Edited by MLB

• 4 months later...

My 2017 XLT Cargo still has the  fold forward "desk" plastic passenger seat back. I love it. I think that Transit Connects with certain front seat options do not have the fold forward "desk" plastic passenger seat back?