Ford Transit Connect Forum

volume dealers

i am going to give the transit connect a try, either a left over 2017 or wait for the 2018, i am located in north east pa area, i dont mind traveling to save and get a good deal, what is the best way to find a volume dealer for the TC. most dealers in my area dont seem to be too flexible on prices and only have 3 or 4 in stock normally and they are white, not interested in white, if anyone can pass along some info where i may find a dealer who offers a good deal and has a good inventory, or how would i do a search of a volume dealer.

thanks

chet

Chetc, this is the ideal time to be looking for a 2017 for price reductions.  Since your local dealer does not have the TC that meets your needs, ask them to do an internal search to find the closest dealer that does have a TC that meets your requirements.  The 2017 is likely going to be your best deal.  Get a list of several dealers that have the TC that you want.  Good luck.

You always pay more if the dealer you're doing business with has to go 'find' you what you want  -  Much better for you to do your own Internet search and find what you want and then deal directly with the dealer who has the vehicle.  If he transfers it to another dealer, both he and the local dealer you buy if from get an extra chunk of $$$ . . . . and that comes out of your pocket

I'm not sure that a 'volume dealership' would save you any money either  -  Maybe the opposite

If you find a dealer that's selling lots of TC's, he may not be open to giving you a good price because if you don't buy what he has on the lot, several more potential buyers will be coming along right behind you.  He's moving them without having to mark them down

We bought our white 2014 SWB from a dealer in Georgia who doesn't sell more than one or two even in his best month.  Our van sat on his lot for a full year (apparently few people wanted the SWB version and maybe they were not looking for white like you) and after that year, he finally titled it in June of 2015 to use it as a 'loaner' vehicle.  Ford pays him money whenever he needs to use a loaner car for customers getting recall work done, so he was getting back some $$$ he had already lost by having it sit around for a year.  After a year of use as a loaner, he put it on his used car lot and again, nobody seemed to be interested in it.  He had marked the price down twice in the first 3 months and when I bought it, I got another $2500  knocked off it on an all cash deal.  I bought it for a few bucks over half the $27K sticker price and it only had 13,000 miles on it and still had 22 months of the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty left on it.

We hunted everywhere for exactly what we wanted  -  White, SWB, XLT (didn't like the black bumpers and side moldings) non-Ford Sync . . . . and really low mileage.  I would much rather buy used a year or so old with 10 to 12K on the clock and save about a dollar per mile for every mile it has on it.  We were elated to find exactly what we wanted and really happy with the deal we got, even though we drove 300 miles to get it and 300 back home  -  It was really worth the wait and the trip

So  -  You might find the best deal at a dealer who has a few TC's and can't get rid of them.  He'll mark it down more to get it off his inventory list (he's making bank loan payments on everything on the lot) where a dealer who sells a bunch of the may not be in an mood to make you a great deal

Don

Edited by Beta Don