Welcome to the Ford Transit Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boomerweps

Traded 2014 SWB for 2017 LWB

7 posts in this topic

Much as I liked my SWB XLT, we decided we wanted the LWB and finally found one 2.5 hours away with most of the features we wanted. Had to be barn doors. Other than the length, only thing we gained were the newer standard XLT features, heated outside mirrors, power driver's seat, rear parking assist. Had non listed roof rails. Only added options were flex fuel and sync. Lost towing package and SiriusXM from previous SWB. So now I have review the towing package threads before ordering a hitch and wiring harness. Also lost about 5-6" of load height but gained the extra seats to keep the grandkids apart ;)

I have had good luck with a place called etrailer.com

I just installed a Curt hitch and hitch cargo basket purchased from there.  They ship fast and have a lot of selection. 

Just got in a Curt Hitch receiver and wiring harness via eBay. Looking forward to installing them.

Just searched and found the roof rails are standard now on the XLT wagons. The cross bars are a $195 factory option. When I checked, Ford accessory store has them at $495 or so. The Sync was also standard with the XLT.  Is Flex Fuel now standard?

So . . . . a $200 factory option costs $500 if you buy it later from the dealer?  I suppose this makes sense to someone, somewhere, but really???

Don

if you have the roof rails then there are lots of options.

The Curt hitch is an easy install and works perfect.  The one I put on mine has had lots of use.

17 hours ago, Beta Don said:

So . . . . a $200 factory option costs $500 if you buy it later from the dealer?  I suppose this makes sense to someone, somewhere, but really???

Don

With the 2014, the roof rails and crossbars were an option costing about $400 but to buy that separate cost $1000! And you have to pull down the  headliner to install the rails. Spent an hour or so yesterday going over Rack sites. I can save about $50 buying the Ford bars from a mopar site or save $30 and get the aero Thule bars vice the round stock ones. Still, in the $500 range. Think I'll wait a while on the bars. I do have a hitchhauler once I put the Hitch on. Just waiting on some paperwork so I can title the TC in my state before I add it.

Edited by Boomerweps