Ford Transit Connect Forum

Another Gen 2 TC with Ford Focus Wheels

Beta Don

Been wanting to upgrade from my steel wheels to something nicer looking since the day after we bought the van.  Preferred to stay with OEM Ford alloys, but if you want to stay with 16" tires, there are only 3 or 4 wheels to choose from.  I didn't especially care for the look of the 5 spoke versions, nor those with 5 'twin' spokes so that narrows things down even more.  Saw these on a car a couple months back and then began looking for a set I could afford.  Not sure what model Focus they're from, but I think they were only found on 2012's.  Eventually, this near perfect set showed up on eBay and the seller accepted my offer of $350 for them.  They're 16 X 7 with a 50mm offset.  Pretty happy with how it looks now

One before and three after pictures.  Had less than 20K on my tires, so I just had them transferred to the new wheels.  They came with the OEM TPMS valve stems already in them.  Just took a minute or two and one screw to transfer my sensors into the wheels.  The tire guy was nice enough to keep track of which wheel went where, so no 'relearning' was necessary

Don

PTC2.jpg

P1000346.jpg

P1000347.jpg

P1000350.jpg

Edited by Beta Don

Thanks!

I looked everywhere trying to find a photo of a TC with these wheels and had no luck.  I went to the Tire Rack site and looked at pretty much every wheel they sell superimposed on a TC (they have a great program that lets you select your model car and color and puts the wheels right on the picture) but none of their wheel options looked that much like these wheels, so I still wasn't too confident I would like them on the TC

I posted these pictures hoping they might help anyone else thinking of installing the same wheels . . . . I wish I could have found a few photos before I bought my wheels, but . . . . they did turn out looking really great on the van and they're still growing on me everyday!

Don