Ford Transit Connect Forum

New owner of a 2015 LWB LT with

dinocarsfast

Hi all,

I recently bought a flooded 2015 LWB LT from an auction without knowing what it would need.  It has a dual fuel Westport CNG system installed!  I haven't gotten to work on it much, only on the weekends. But so far I bought a Ford wiring diagram shop manual and was able to find out why the basic OBD2 system was not communicating and now I am waiting until I get Ford Factory IDS communication tool and software so that I can initialize the keys and hopefully start the engine. 

Though if I am able to get the engine to start it will only run on 3 cylinders since cylinder 4 has a bent rod :cry:and I will need to replace the engine.  Luckily LKQ near me happens to have at least 10 of these engines for under $600.  The only problem with these junkyard engines is they wont have the hardened intake valves and seats that are needed for the CNG fuel.  This might work better because I might just remove the entire CNG system and then have more space for the camper that I want to build.  Or I might get a junkyard engine and replace the head with my old one, not sure yet.

My plan is to make this a camper for me and my girlfriend. I hope to be able to stuff a lot of equipment into this including insulation and a webasto heater so that we can go on a ski bum ski trip in addition to other trips in the summer.  I think I will be able to make a seat spinner so that I can turn the passenger seat around when we are parked and maybe the drivers seat but I'm not sure if we will need that depending on the floor plan that we eventually decide on.  I also hope to fit a small stove and sink into the van. 

Sorry for the long post but I have big plans for this van and hopefully I will be able to keep you guys updated if people are interested.

I tried to attach a few picture not sure if they worked but I will try to get them attached

P1030229_zpsnymjo7dz.jpg

P1030232_zpse7m0kjyc.jpg

P1030230_zpsftueqe2z.jpg

Edited by dinocarsfast
Photos

Geesh Dinocarsfast, you take on big jobs.  They say the joy is in the journey but after looking at your pics I'm not sure about that...LOL.  Hope all goes well and keep us updated.  I'm currently installing a stereo system, roof/cargo rack and basket, hitch and cargo basket, remote start, back up camera, and an elevated interior bed with cargo area underneath.  Just put on new Michelin light truck tires.  I'll be heading to the west coast about mid May.  That's the plan anyway....had to scrap the Florida trip, not enough time left.  I recently purchased a 2012 Connect xlt and am working to fit it out.  I'm looking forward to touring this summer.  It looks like your planning for the fall and winter.  Good luck with all that!:thumbsup: