Ford Transit Connect Forum

Building up the camper van

Writing to you all from the Oregon Coast, but only for another month as we take our next adventure up to Alaska! I've been a Transit owner for about a year. Attempting to build up the back for camping/storage. I wanted to still be able to have the middle row available, but be able to convert to a bed in no time; therefore, I put the hinges right behind where the seats fold down.  Final goal is to put 36 inch bar drawers in the back. Anybody know how to get more pictures on the post? I was only able to get 4.88 mb. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy! 

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8135.JPG

Doh!! Just kidding. Haha! The cover can still be taken out and I am able to access the jack. That was one of the first things I thought about. I left a little bit for the cover to slip out. 

IMG_8218.JPG

IMG_8219.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I designed mine to remove after Camping so I could use the FTC for other uses. Budget friendly, about $200. I used Birch plywood. I got a lot of ideas off of Pinterest. I also modified an old Type 3 VW roof rack for extra storage.

IMG_2999.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3013.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG