Ford Transit Connect Forum

3 WAY Speakers

zepper

Hi All,

Going to do a set of speakers here and I am considering a set of 5.25" Pioneer TS-A1374R 3 WAY speakers. I am also considering Clarion SRQ1331R 5.25" 3 WAYS. I don't want to modify or lose my OEM speaker grill. I want it to look totally stock. I am concerned that the 3 WAYs will stick out too far for the OEM grill. I saw that Tugrik installed Pioneer 3 WAYS (but I am not sure which model) with out modifying the doors.

Anyone else install 3 WAYS?

Crutchfield and BestBuy say the 3 ways won't work.

Thanks all.

z

Anyone???

Hi All,

Going to do a set of speakers here and I am considering a set of 5.25" Pioneer TS-A1374R 3 WAY speakers. I am also considering Clarion SRQ1331R 5.25" 3 WAYS. I don't want to modify or lose my OEM speaker grill. I want it to look totally stock. I am concerned that the 3 WAYs will stick out too far for the OEM grill. I saw that Tugrik installed Pioneer 3 WAYS (but I am not sure which model) with out modifying the doors.

Anyone else install 3 WAYS?

Crutchfield and BestBuy say the 3 ways won't work.

Thanks all.

z

Sorry, I put in 2-way speakers, can't really help much. FWIW I put in Alpine SPR-13C and they sound about as good as a great speaker being powered by a crap stock head unit can possibly sound. The plan is to someday replace the head unit and really put those speakers to good use.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/spr-13c/

Good luck in your search for the right fitment.

Well good luck, hope they fit. I'm going to be honest, don't expect miracles from the speakers. The Alpines do sound much, much, better than the stock speakers... but they are still very limited by the head unit, in particular how loud I can turn it up. But it is nice to have some amount of bass, as opposed to NONE. :rockon:

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I just installed a set of 5 1/4 kenwoods into my 2011 Transit Connect XLT and I have to say im very very dissappointed. They really sound bad with the stock head unit. I really wish I hadnt tossed by stock speakers cause they really sounded better & atleast had some bass. Im gonna have to really look into another new set of door speakers & a possible head unit change. I cant spend several hours a day in this truck with a sound system that sounds like a Yugo. I may have to look into the alpine speakers mentioned in this thread and then try to find a head unit with some power.

• 1 month later...

i installed kicker ks5.2 component speakers in the front and back. the tweeters i mounted separately in the front and in tandem in the back. they come with a crossover, and there's plenty of room to hide the crossover in the door and in the paneling for the rear. sounds 1000X better than stock. crutchfield sells them, but they don't specify for the rear.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, I don't recall what model speakers, but they are 5 1/4 inch, 3 way, low profile, tons of room behind them. I beleave I bought them at best buy. Hope this is helpful.

Edited by Tranzy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The reason why i wanna get 3 ways is I am hoping that they will be able to clean up the sound coming from the crapy head unit. They do the highs mids and lows.

With running new speakers off a head unit such as the stock one, as stated do not expect miracles. A good 2 way speaker is going to actually give you a cleaner sound than trying to split it up 3 ways on a coaxial speaker. If you are looking for an improvement go ahead and get the speakers and if upgrading the head unit is out of the question. Install a alpine KTP-445U between the head unit and your speakers this will increase your output and quality.

Hey bigaudiofanatic..... can you say how to remove the stock HU and hook up this KTP-445U?? If you can give insturctions.. then I'll do it!!! thanks...

If your running your stock head unit, you will have to tap into your speaker outputs, run them to the alpine through it's high inputs and than the outputs will go to the other side of the wires you cut that continue to the speakers. You will need power constant and switched, you can either tap into the power wires already there or find them in the fuse box.

Here is the wiring diagram that should help you.