Ford Transit Connect Forum

'16 TC Cargo w/ST Wheels

gopropak

Hello all,

Just purchased an XLT Cargo TC (actually hard to find!) Primarily used for work and hauling on-location photo equipment. It is working out perfectly since I was tearing up the interior of my car & SUV with all the gear.  Just added a set of 18" Focus ST wheels from ebay ($500).  Great fit and looks great!  Added Genral Altimax 235/45/18 which give me clearance all the way around.  Brake caliper covers come from MGP for $199 which keep the wheels shiny and look sporty as well.  On the lookout for a spoiler and an exhaust tip and I think I'll be done.  Here's a few pics after a wash yesterday.

AD4A0001.jpg

AD4A0007.jpg

AD4A0009.jpg

AD4A0017.jpg

AD4A0022.jpg

AD4A9997.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Nice looking rig!  I love those wheels . . . . but I could never live with 45 series tires on mine  -  It already rides rougher than I care for 

I just ordered me a set of 16" Ford Focus 10 spoke alloys off eBay for $350.  They'll be here Tuesday and once I figure out what color I want to paint them, I'll just transfer my OEM tires and TPMS sensors over to the new wheels

On my passenger version XLT, the door handles and side panels are white also  -  Only the mirrors are black

Don

2 hours ago, Beta Don said:

How do caliper covers do anything to keep your wheels clean?  Seems like there would be just as much brake pad dust flying around as if  you just painted the covers??

Don

Dunno the physics of it but I ran the wheels for a month w/o them and they were visibly dirty. The next month with them on - they sure were a lot cleaner.  I wash the van once a month. The covers are basically just a shell around the calipers and they stay very clean whereas if I just painted my calipers they would be grungy pretty quick (like my calipers on my VW GTI).