Ford Transit Connect Forum

Wheel Size Question

MichaelD

4 kids?  How could you afford to take them all to McDonalds?  With 4 kids, I wouldn't be able to afford going anywhere.  They would be eating ground chuck (ground at home with my own meat grinder), and home cut fried potatoes.  No extra fancy ketchup.  Just generic catsup.  And I don't care if they don't like hand-me-downs.  Jr.  would have to wear his big sister's jeans, grow his hair long, and just be a faux hipster.

On 6/25/2018 at 11:49 AM, Fifty150 said:

It never ends.  McDonalds is like a cult.  Those Happy Meals are so addicting, with their free toys, that you will find yourself going there even without the kids.

I'll never have to worry about that happening here

When our first grandchild (who is now 21 and in college) had her first birthday, my wife called to see if she could have her party at McDonalds because they had the kiddies playroom . . . . even though most of the kids were too young to use most of the toys.  7 or 8 kids invited and we would be buying all the food there, except . . . . my wife had baked a big birthday cake and wanted to be sure she could bring the cake in and serve it too.  No problem the manager on duty when she called said  -  Happy to have you

The day of the party, a different manager came by and saw the cake and said it couldn't be in the restaurant  -  Did not matter to him at ALL what another manager had told us on the phone.  Thankfully, the party hadn't begun, (not all the kids had shown up yet) so we hadn't bought any McDonalds food yet.  I ran across the street and checked to see if Burger King had any objections to our party and they said "Come on over!" . . . . so we did.  Tons of pictures of her first birthday there at Burger King and dozens of people have heard this story while looking through the photo album.  We haven't had a McDonalds meal since . . . . and that was 20 years ago! 

No telling how much business that idiot manager cost that particular restaurant and dozens of others too  -  My wife has no problem holding her rage against every McDonalds in the world for the sins of that one.  We've bought tons of meals for 5 grandkids in a dozen different fast food restaurants since then, but heaven help me if I even suggested going to McDonalds  -  My wife would kill me!

Don

45 minutes ago, Beta Don said:

I'll never have to worry about that happening here

When our first grandchild (who is now 21 and in college) had her first birthday, my wife called to see if she could have her party at McDonalds because they had the kiddies playroom . . . . even though most of the kids were too young to use most of the toys.  7 or 8 kids invited and we would be buying all the food there, except . . . . my wife had baked a big birthday cake and wanted to be sure she could bring the cake in and serve it too.  No problem the manager on duty when she called said  -  Happy to have you

The day of the party, a different manager came by and saw the cake and said it couldn't be in the restaurant  -  Did not matter to him at ALL what another manager had told us on the phone.  Thankfully, the party hadn't begun, (not all the kids had shown up yet) so we hadn't bought any McDonalds food yet.  I ran across the street and checked to see if Burger King had any objections to our party and they said "Come on over!" . . . . so we did.  Tons of pictures of her first birthday there at Burger King and dozens of people have heard this story while looking through the photo album.  We haven't had a McDonalds meal since . . . . and that was 20 years ago! 

No telling how much business that idiot manager cost that particular restaurant and dozens of others too  -  My wife has no problem holding her rage against every McDonalds in the world for the sins of that one.  We've bought tons of meals for 5 grandkids in a dozen different fast food restaurants since then, but heaven help me if I even suggested going to McDonalds  -  My wife would kill me!

Don

Sounds like 1 bad experience too many. 

This is why I do not go "corporate dining".  

5 hours ago, mrtn said:

They have reached a cult following by today. Prices are hiking up and the limited Cosworth models are selling at outrageous prices:

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1987-ford-sierra-rs500-cosworth

Sold for £112,500

WOW that is a good price.  The Cosworth version was vey nice.  My first car was an Alfa Romeo Gulietta Spider.  Another one I should have kept but it was a rust bucket and being a poor college student I had to get something more reliable - bought a Fiat 850 Spider!  

McDonalds is long gone, can't remember the last time I ate there.  When the kids got to about 6th grade they would go across the paring lot to Taco Bell and the little ones to McDonalds.  

Grilled onion.  1 piece of lettuce.  1 slice of tomato.    1/2 lb of Harris Ranch beef.  

You've got to be a Californian to appreciate all that fresh produce.  I realize that the rest of the country is only accustomed to consuming vegetables that come from a can.

Actually, you've got to be a Californian to like Harris Ranch beef.  Every other part of the country has their own source of beef, and they are just as proud of it.  And that is a world wide sentiment also.  Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Australia......everywhere there is ranching, they are proud of their meat.  

I'm no expert.  I've been around the block.   For me, all beef is good.  I like meat in general.  Haven't had any beef that I would never eat again.  It's almost like debating Atlantic Salmon vs Pacific Salmon.  Only Putin can say that in Russia, they have the best prostitutes.

You guys have gone way off the rails here, STDs & LTDs.....two of the ugliest things in the world.

I liked these Jaguar wheels so much I got a second set. The pictures in the ad were pretty bad and the price was so good I figured the wheels were in really crappy shape and I would just use them for "winter wheels". Turns out they are in great shape and I cannot bring myself to put snow tires on them. Choices of something "interesting" out there to put on them are extremely limited however.

image.png.df924ca72cb57cdcc7139c6b3ac1544c.png

So I think I will use the Toyo tires, retire the Volvo wheels since they are only 16x7s and find them a good home.

image.png.c965275c05ef5be25b09f58f89862d47.png

M&H ROD-24In the back of my mind (plenty of space back there) I was halfway considering trying to put these on the back. 315/50R16

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2017 at 9:31 AM, Beta Don said:

I can confirm that the stock offset is 50mm 

Thank you.  A few questions in regards to OEM wheel.

What are the specs for the OEM wheel?  My OEM is 16", with 215/55R16 size tires.  What are the wheel's width, backspace, offset, lug pattern, et cetera?

In other car forums, moderators make it a "sticky" at the top.  So that you don't have to search through 10, 20, 30 threads, in order to find basic information like TSBs, recalls, et cetera.

On 6/28/2018 at 9:52 AM, OLDSCHOOLFOOL said:

M&H ROD-24

In the back of my mind (plenty of space back there) I was halfway considering trying to put these on the back. 315/50R16

Ugh.  One of the worst sights on the highways ... a van or truck that looks like a Tonka toy, with wheels extended out beyond the wheel wells.

2 hours ago, Mike Chell said:

Ugh.  One of the worst sights on the highways ... a van or truck that looks like a Tonka toy, with wheels extended out beyond the wheel wells.

Pure opinion sir. Here's a fair example of retarded.

#VW #T5 #styling #black #22” #wheels #Alloys #Transporter #Ideas #Custom #VAG #MrWest

Edited by OLDSCHOOLFOOL