Ford Transit Connect Forum

2013 TC on Falken Ziex tires ?

cosmicray

The day is coming when I will need new tires, not so much because I have excess tread wear, but because the original tires are aging, One tire shop told me the the Continental manufacturing date indicates they were made in 2012. That makes sense, as my TC was assembled in December 2012. So 4.5-5 year old tires, with a current 25K miles on them. That same shop was quoting about $250/tire for replacement with the same Continentals.

Yesterday I asked at Wally what tire they would suggest. They came up with a Falken Ziex ZE950 A/S at about $70/tire. That is a considerable difference in price. Has anyone used the Falken Ziex on a TC and can give some opinions ?

If your original tires have lasted 5 years and are not yet worn out (I agree, I would change them now) I would give serious consideration to sticking with that exact same tire, even if they cost me $30 or $40 more for each tire.  IMO, it would be false economy to go searching for something cheaper . . . . just because it's cheaper.  It's a good bet the Falkens wouldn't last you 5 years, so how much would you really be saving??

You can order them from Tire Rack for lots less than $250 each (somebody is really trying to rip you off . . . or they're trying to sell you something else they carry) and Wally World will install them for you.  The Continentals are $97.25 each at Tire Rack

Don

Edited by Beta Don

Thank you. Solid advice there. I'm going to do some shopping around before proceeding.

Part of the reason the tires are approaching 5 years, is that it sat on the dealers lot for 6 months before I bought it. Assembly date (in Turkey) was about Christmas 2012, while my purchase was mid September 2013. The tires were probably 10 months old when I drove it off the lot. The spare has never been used.

Edited by cosmicray
addidtional comment