Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

r1alvin

2016 TC XLT LWB Wagon Project Mtn. Biker/Dog Hauler/Camper

Posted (edited)

Don't think you mentioned your reasons for the angled walls on your cabinets. 

Edited by Boomerweps

Posted (edited)

For increased comfort we suggest installing Thinsulate(TM) Accoustic/Thermal insulation in wall and ceiling cavities.

Hein

DIYvan.com

Edited by Hein

Hey whats up guys. Quick Update, I know I've been offline for a while. found some nice thin (less than a 1/4" thick) rubber mat material at Academy sports so I cut a few pieces to fit to provide some good traction on the floor and also lining the front cabinet bottom. I purchased a small 4x8 single axle utility trailer to handle yardwork stuff, material movement and possible motorcycle transport. Added the CURT trailer wiring harness and wired the hot lead into the rear passenger fuse box "hot" 40A spade terminal with a 15A fuse in line. 

I finally dropped the big loot on this ARB 50qt. fridge/freezer combo unit. I made a custom pigtail adapter to power this thing through my trailer wiring harness which is coiled up in the jack cubby hole on the driver side rear. Made for a more clean layout instead of running the wire across to the passenger side 12V socket, but that option is always there if I need to go that way. I had to rip about 1/2" of wood lengthwise off of the end of my flip top on the bed cabinet. This worked out perfect because the vent for the ARB unit is on the right side of the fridge so it has plenty of space for ventilation. I'm using these very handy and simple straps from REI to hold the ARB in place-"Sea to Summit Accessory Strap with Hook Release." This is all for now. I will test out the fridge on a trip tomorrow. Later! 

21427422_10214178734451709_4680529255674556141_o.jpg

21427401_10214178848414558_4535960537526825210_o.jpg

Edited by r1alvin

Your Tc has turned out very nicely.

The best part has to be the cold beer in that fridge.  

Looks great and functional. I am sure there are other changes you can make, so you can still have more fun with TC projects. 

Shame you covered that beautiful flooring. 

Looking good overall, though. A porta-potti and you have yourself a traveling RV.

First road trip today was a success 5 hours out to the field for some lure coursing trials, a visit to a state park and a 5 hour drive back ending a 16 hour day in the TC with both hounds. ARB fridge is amazing,,,so much storage space and held temperature flawlessly,,,,I only wished that I could see the temperature display from the cab. I could always turn the fridge around or buy that 80 dollar wireless display kit ARB sells for additional peace of mind. The fridge and the 8 gallon water tank work really well together. I was also for the first time using the AWESOME cold open hooks and my paracord pigtails as cage stabilizers,,,Both beagles have PLENTY of room to curl up and sleep together in their massive crate parked on top of the bed unit. I'll post some video shortly,,,

21586863_10214189488480553_4553768446750906808_o.jpg

Edited by r1alvin

Little bit of TC in the beginning of my video: 

One day they'll take off with your onewheeler.