Ford Transit Connect Forum

Roof weight capacity

Hello

I'm new here so i figure it's time for my first post. I have a 2010 Canadian edition (2l gas) Connect.

Does anyone know what the rated weight capacity for the roof is? The van is being used to install CATV services and will be outfitted with a 12ft and 24ft fiberglass ladders.they will be mounted on a dual ladder rack with a curb side drop down. I don't know what the weight of the rack is yet as it will be 2-3 weeks before it's delivered. The ladders weight about 50lbs and 85lbs. Should be a sight to see as the large ladder is longer than the van. It will be a big adjustment working out of something so small as my reg. work van is a GMC Safari.

Also is their anyone else using a Connect for CATV installs?

Thanks

Greg

• 9 months later...

225 lbs over four mounting points is 56.25 lbs/point. Tip a 225lb load up to dismount it at the curb and the whole weight would be on the two right mount points, or 112.5 lbs each. Does this mean 225 is the rated max, but twice that is still within structural tollerance? I'd like to know what the REAL maximum load is that each mounting point can support.