Ford Transit Connect Forum

17 lwb wagon interior lights

dbv

Dbv,

I thought about documenting all the LEDs I installed, but there are too many subjective variables. LEDs have color, angle, power and size choices. A cheap batch from Amazon or eBay will not work better then the incandescents. Go to superbrightleds and you will see the vast array of choices.

You need different lights based on location. The dome lights need high lumens and wide light angle. The map lights should have a narrow beam etc. But this is my opinion/requirement and I don't think everyone will be as picky as me.

Buy a couple different ones for the dome lights and see how you like them. Then move them to the other locations to see how they work. Use the technical data from the superbrightleds website to make subsequent choices.

You don't need canbus lights for the interior lights.

Ok, just knowing they don't need to be CAN helps.  I didn't want to have to mess with them twice.

I will be SO glad to get rid of the incandescent yellow.  They might as well be torches mounted on the walls.  :)