Welcome to the Ford Transit Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbv

17 lwb wagon interior lights

3 posts in this topic

What size/number are the interior lights in the 17 wagon?

Does anyone have a recommendation for LED replacements?   I just can't stand the yellow incandescent.

Dbv,

I thought about documenting all the LEDs I installed, but there are too many subjective variables. LEDs have color, angle, power and size choices. A cheap batch from Amazon or eBay will not work better then the incandescents. Go to superbrightleds and you will see the vast array of choices.

You need different lights based on location. The dome lights need high lumens and wide light angle. The map lights should have a narrow beam etc. But this is my opinion/requirement and I don't think everyone will be as picky as me.

Buy a couple different ones for the dome lights and see how you like them. Then move them to the other locations to see how they work. Use the technical data from the superbrightleds website to make subsequent choices.

You don't need canbus lights for the interior lights.

Ok, just knowing they don't need to be CAN helps.  I didn't want to have to mess with them twice.

I will be SO glad to get rid of the incandescent yellow.  They might as well be torches mounted on the walls.  :)