Ford Transit Connect Forum

Making cigarette lighters turn on with ignition TC 2014-

There are areas of the fuse box that are switched power and areas that are constant power. The change could be as simple as getting an inline fuse holder and using it as a jumper wire from a switched supply side unused fuse slot to the existing load side fuse slot for the 12v outlets. It would be a non-permanent install and simple, as long as you put fuse leg ends on the wires. It's possible to tear apart a fuse and solder them on, but I really like the purpose built taps I bought for my add-on accessory circuits.

There would be a more permanent way that would look better but would take much more work. It would require popping the wire out of the fuse box spot (pulling it out the back) next to the constant-on buss bars and moving it next to the switched buss bar. There's just a small lock tab that needs to be released but you have to take a lot apart to reach it.

20150807_122116 (Small).jpg

20150807_131145 (Small).jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It took me 30 minutes to do this mod. Went to Advance Auto Parts and got the fuse add on which plugs into any switched fuse and makes one fuse into 2. I plugged into F28 on my 2015 then put the 25 amp fuse that was in that spot into the new fuse splitter, then ran the whip wire to F17 which is my aux power port fuse location. I crimped on a female connector and plugged it into the right side terminal of the fuse holder. DONE

!https://www.waytekwire.com/item/46177/Micro2-Circuit-Fuse-Tap-20A/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2-bHBRDEh6qk5b6yqKIBEiQAFUz29q8CJmcRLLq3ue9wuhpQz7XtLpetwVhlWJB6_DGpHMMaAtY38P8HAQ

These are available at most parts stores.