Welcome to the Ford Transit Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
broseph

Making cigarette lighters turn on with ignition TC 2014-

4 posts in this topic

Hey, what is the easiest way to make the cigarette lighters switch on and off with the ignition? 

There are areas of the fuse box that are switched power and areas that are constant power. The change could be as simple as getting an inline fuse holder and using it as a jumper wire from a switched supply side unused fuse slot to the existing load side fuse slot for the 12v outlets. It would be a non-permanent install and simple, as long as you put fuse leg ends on the wires. It's possible to tear apart a fuse and solder them on, but I really like the purpose built taps I bought for my add-on accessory circuits.

There would be a more permanent way that would look better but would take much more work. It would require popping the wire out of the fuse box spot (pulling it out the back) next to the constant-on buss bars and moving it next to the switched buss bar. There's just a small lock tab that needs to be released but you have to take a lot apart to reach it.

20150807_122116 (Small).jpg

20150807_131145 (Small).jpg

It took me 30 minutes to do this mod. Went to Advance Auto Parts and got the fuse add on which plugs into any switched fuse and makes one fuse into 2. I plugged into F28 on my 2015 then put the 25 amp fuse that was in that spot into the new fuse splitter, then ran the whip wire to F17 which is my aux power port fuse location. I crimped on a female connector and plugged it into the right side terminal of the fuse holder. DONE

!https://www.waytekwire.com/item/46177/Micro2-Circuit-Fuse-Tap-20A/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2-bHBRDEh6qk5b6yqKIBEiQAFUz29q8CJmcRLLq3ue9wuhpQz7XtLpetwVhlWJB6_DGpHMMaAtY38P8HAQ

These are available at most parts stores.

Clever and simple. Nice.