Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
PACKA

New member new van

Hi all

new member with a new van from UK. Old van 2014 trend in silver got total loss in accident Jan 25 this year, just replaced with special edition #217 M-Sport , and it's AWESOME ?

image.jpeg

Very Nice

Interesting.  A 2-door van.  We don't get that option in The U.S.A.  But The POTUS is making America great again.  

I heard he personally forbid Ford ever selling a 2-door van in the US.

I'm pretty sure he's got a door on the other side, at least judging from all the other pics of M-Sport Connects I've seen. But welcome, Packa, more pictures of the van's M-Sport bits, please!

Guys it has two cab doors and one side door!! As I requested, they do come with two side doors.

spec is?: UK limited L1 200 light,wipers,ac,mirrors sensors rear+ folding mirrors plus icepack8 ( touch screen ,nav, camera plus buts I not discovered? Yet ) I'll do a full photo update!! Then sent to M sport production line for the body kit and wheels plus full Napa leather. I'll take photos of stereo etc tomorrow ,seats, dash ?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Only thing is? Lowered on springs with OE dampers!! ? I Trackdays warrior of past plus splitter too low? I have to crab over bumps I'm culdesack!!!!!

this is me YouTube? Search trakworkvan , post video?? I can't work how yet

Oh old TC trend !!

image.jpeg

See the standing traffic? When extinguish right there was two/three HGV inched out BOOM! Paramedic no sirens driving between two lines of traffic just lights in broad daylight . Before and after

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Remember to turn off typo ?

Welcome to the group, Packa.

Congrats on the replacement van. Sorry about the mishap with the silver van and hope no one was hurt.

I have two older (2011 and 2012) TCs which I use for business and hauling only. I never once thought of either of them as enhancable with ground effects but that new one of your does look nice.

Parenthetically, the photos of the silver van after the wreck is a clear indication of the work of the crumple zones in modern vehicles. Van totaled but the windshield is still intact. No apparent encroachment of the driver/passenger compartment.

Anyway, welcome, thanks and see ya round.

Posted (edited)

Wow, that package makes it too low to the ground for my roads in PA, USA.

great look. So a sports car shortened version, eh? Noticeably shorter than my 2014 SWB model. Did you choose to have no back windows or was that part of the package? In the USA only the cargo versions have that choice, along a choice of sliding door windows or not. No 3 door versions, though.

any chance of a part number for that rear spoiler?

Edited by Boomerweps

Hi sorry been busy was going to take more pics but weather dismal! the kit can not be bought its a Msport production line fit and build

It's a regular SWB, not shortened.

On 3/16/2017 at 1:53 AM, mrtn said:

I heard he personally forbid Ford ever selling a 2-door van in the US.

If Ford builds a plant to build them in The U.S.A., then anything is possible.  All that The POTUS has to do is provide tax breaks, lend government money (which never gets repaid), and a few other incentives such as a government purchase contract.....and it could happen.  Think back to the Chrysler K Cars.

Posted (edited)

redacted

Edited by Fifty150

The van has two cab doors and one side door plus two rear barn doors. I'll take more pics plus interior.

I searched for that rear spoiler. None in the US. A couple in the U.K. And Ireland and Germany, "may not ship to USA" in the eBay ones ;(