Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Doc Hoy

Hood Latch

Just purchased 2012 TC and found that the hood latch does not open with the key. The situation is that the key goes into the socket but will not turn either right or left. I have douched it down with PB Blaster. I have wiggled the key. Tried it at various depths of insertion and I simply can not get the key to work, (I got two keys with the truck and both work in the ignition, and all of the doors plus the gas cap cover.) I don't want to try to turn the key too hard for fear of breaking it off. I am about convinced that the latch lock needs to be replaced.

Is there a way to open the hood without the key? Better yet is there a way to circumvent the key latch (Which in my opinion is a completely stupid idea) and replace it with a conventional latch?