Ford Transit Connect Forum

Fix Or Repair Daily

Fifty150

• 4 weeks later...

I know that myself and at least one other person here has had that sensor go bad. Mine was replaced under warranty, but they had my van for 2.5 days because the tech assigned to it had a day off the first full day that it was in...

• 3 years later...

My original one went bad around 33K, had it replaced and now I rolled 124K the other day and no problems. But, the AAT sensor is - or at least was - a common issue among other models because they're all the same unit. I'm wondering if there was a big batch that was bad or just poor manufacturing by the 3rd-party manufacturer that supplies them to Ford. 

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem...but I didn't know it.

My A/C was intermittent so I took it my local trustworthy shop.  They couldn't figure it out and suggested the (not so trustworthy) dealer.  I spent days searching on line, saw  the ambient air sensor mentioned several times.  For $9 I took a shot and, Bingo!

That was at 30K miles.  Now at 36K and having a new round with ABS/Hill Start Assist failure.  Again, I'm trying to avoid the crooked dealership.