Ford Transit Connect Forum

TC Non-commercial use -- couple of questions

Like alot of other people, I love the format of the Transit Connect and could easily see driving one as my daily driver, which includes driving people around. I haul alot of stuff on a regular basis and honestly, tend to beat up the interiors of the cars and minivans I've owned. The TC would be perfect, but two questions for the seasoned TC owners here:

1.) How hard would it be to put rear (behind the c-pillars) windows in it? My suspicion is that we're going to start seeing TC's popping up converted in the near future, but I'm curious about this angle.

2.) What's the towing capability? I'm thinking it's probably the same as the cargo capability, something on the order of 1500lbs or so. I don't do alot of heavy duty hauling, but I do occasionally trailer small things around.

Thanks!

There is a towing/hauling section in the technical section below. I don't think this is rated for towing, at least not officially. You could probably search for hitches on line. If it it is rated you should find hitches made for the TC.

As for the windows I assume you mean in the fixed panels behind the sliding doors? I see no reason why an after market camper type window would not work since it is only sheet metal on the upper part. Unfortunately we don't seem to be getting the Tourneo Connect (at least not yet) which is the full passenger version. Having said that I don't think the Tourneo comes with the high roof.

Thanks for the pointer...so much of this is new, I'm sure it's being worked out. Too many businesses would probably tow at least small stuff around town, and that's what I have in mind anyway.

My aim was to think about the windows behind the sliding doors and creating a reasonably factory look with some kind of relatively flush glass. I wish we got the Tourneo! I'm thinking we won't get that until it's made in America since clearly Ford is selling what could be a family vehicle as a commercial one.

The TC is not recommended for towing.

I found a local Van converter who said that they can put a privacy slide opening rear quarter window on each side for around $500 for the pair. Check for van converters in your area. I have a local cab company looking at them and that is one of their requirements.