Ford Transit Connect Forum

2017 XLT SWB inside dimensions?

midas relif

Hello

I am picking up my 2017 XLT SWB in 2 weeks. Can someone tell me the dimensions from the back of the driver/passenger seat (moved back as far as possible) to the back of the van.

Hoping my 68" Honda Grom motorcycle will fit, without having to angle it. (of course with second row removed :P)

Thanks

Midas

Edited by midas relif
typo

I have a 2014 SWB wagon (same body I think?) and with the passenger seat BACK as far as possible, there's no way you have 68".  With the passenger seat FORWARD as far as possible and the seat back forward too, I think you'll get it in there . . . . if you're not planning on carrying  passenger

Don

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Chumba said:

I fit my 2015 KTM 390 Duke in the 2016 SWB without angling it. The front wheel does sit between the front two seats tho. your grom should be fine...

You removed the console?

Don

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/10/2017 at 8:23 PM, Beta Don said:

You removed the console?

Don

Not yet. The bike fits with the center console in place but i do take out the arm rest when i transport the bike.

The front of the tire overhangs the console. If i ever get a bigger bike i plan to remove that and fit a wheel chock in its place.

This guy did something similar with a 2011 model - http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/reviews/ford-transit-connect-xl-wagon-haulers

Edited by Chumba