Ford Transit Connect Forum

transit connect 2014 no ignition or cluster illumination

i have a 2014 ford transit connect ltd had it in fords over a battery problem. the mechanics in my ford dealers are a bunch of stupid monkeys. they call me after charging the battery to ask me if i have an immobiliser  on my clifford add on alarm . two days later the service man ring up sorry mr coleman we cant get your van started . you don't have any ignition or cluster lights .so i call the auto elec who works on my van . after arriving he has it going in ten minutes . the battery was that low so the brain went into  hibernation to protect it. the auto elect just unplugs the brain under the wing and leaves for a minute re plugs it in hey presto we have ignition 

On my 2016, if you leave all the lights turned on and turn the ignition off, the computer will turn the lights off so that you don't return to a dead battery.  In the past, I installed a device called a Priority Start to disconnect the battery if lights were left on.  How times have changed.

http://www.mcssl.com/store/prioritystart/12vpromax

12v ProMax

SKU: PSI-12V-PROMAX$117.95
Quantity  
PriorityStart! 12Volt ProMax TOTALLY AUTOMATIC Vehicle Battery Protector 

•Don't get stuck with a dead battery, Get started with PriorityStart! 

•AUTOMATICALLY DISCONNECTS; any drain on battery (when engine is off), even a short, leaving starting power, NO dead battery! 

•AUTOMATICALLY RECONNECTS; simply put foot on brake, or operate light switch, any small load change and start the vehicle. No button to push, or raising the hood 

•Do-it-yourself installation 3 easy steps - No hard wiring. Easy to attach: Connect your vehicle positive cable to PriorityStart! attach PriorityStart! cable to your positive post. Attach the ground wire to the batteries negative post – that’s it! 

•20 years proven technology protecting vehicle battery alternators, electrical system, your family and your wallet, used by thousands of law enforcements, utilities and fleets, many using: 2way/CB radios, radar, GPS, Dual batteries, chargers, TV, monitors etc. 

PriorityStart! is a totally automatic heavy duty electro-mechanical computerized on/off switching device. Designed to protect a battery, keeping it from going dead, preventing damage to battery, alternator, and electrical system, at the same time providing peace of mind, and safety, while saving you time and money. If battery voltage drops below 11.7 volts (when engine is off), it AUTOMATICALLY disconnects the load, battery voltage immediately recovers, and No dead battery. AUTOMATICALLY reconnects with small load change (0.2mV) i.e. operate headlight switch, step on brake pedal, power seat, etc. No raising the hood (potentially dangerous), No remote to carry, No buttons to push. Totally automatic and pays for itself first time used. A dead battery costs you time and money, first time a battery goes dead you have damaged more than half the battery life. Protect your family, your wallet, and your time with PriorityStart! Weight: 1.5 lbs

Quantity & Prices:
01 - 02, $117.95
03 - 11, $107.95
12 - 23, $99.95
24 - 35, $95.95
36 - 95, $93.95