Ford Transit Connect Forum

2016 TC door latch recall experience.... Bad!

Hi, just took my 2016 SWB Wagon to the dealership on 2/6/17 to have this recall work done, and the rear sliding doors now require excessive force to open them from the outside.  This is the recall for the faulty pawl spring tab on the rear sliding door's latches.  The recall number is 16S30 "SIDE DOOR LATCH REPLACEMENT".  I would estimate it takes at least 4 times the strength to pull the outside door handle than it previously took.  My pre-teen daughters now cannot open the doors.  

Has anyone else had this recall work done yet?  I'm wondering if this is an issue with Ford's repair parts, or if my dealership has screwed up.  Thanks for the feedback!

• 3 months later...

We don't carry passengers in the rear very often  -  I may wait until I have a problem before allowing the dealer to screw up the latches on it which work as they should right now.  I called to see about getting the recall done and was told they needed a full day to do the work.  Seems like a long time just to replace door latches?

Don