Ford Transit Connect Forum

JMS BoostMax for 1.6 Ecoboost $200

I bought the Rousch Yates JMS BoostMax ECU controller for my 2016 Transit Connect Wagon 1.6 Ecoboost and have decided not to install it. I am so pleased with my results from the K&N 57s-4000 kit that I don't really need anymore horsepower.

The kit is unused, but I did open the box just to look at everything. The part number is ryp-bmx1.6. This is the exact one I bought on eBay for $289 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roush-Yates-by-JMS-BoostMAX-Digital-Device-1-6-2-0-Ford-Ecoboost-/252498094259. I waited too long and they won't let me return it now so I'm willing to sell it for $200 + shipping to a forum member. If it's not sold here I'll offer it to the Escape and Focus guys.

If you're not familiar with this thing here's the basics: It's a tuner that plugs into the MAP, TIP and pedal position sensors which increases boost pressure (up to +5 psi) along with maintaining the A/F ratio. There is a knob you can mount under the dash for on-the-fly adjustment of the boost. There is also an optional "87 octane chip" which replaces the knob (it basically puts the setting at 50% all the time). Claimed increase is 11 hp/20 ft-lbs with the 87 octane chip although I did see someone online saying they dynod +20hp to the wheels at 90% setting.

This guy dropped 7/10ths of a second on his 1/4 miles time with the 87 octane setting http://www.imgrum.net/user/jmschip/849756481/1235183509146380785_849756481 so it certainly works.

PM me if interested. I'm in no hurry to sell as I may end up changing my mind again and just installing it. It's pretty easy to install, plug-and-play with some wire routing.

• 1 month later...