Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Doffy

TDDI or TDCI? Whats the diffrence?

Hi, just got my first Ford Transit Connect 2007 1.8 75hp

My question is, the mark on the rear says tdci.... but I think i might have the tddi engine? My engine code is R2PA.... Anyone know ehat kind of engine it is?

And what is the diffrence between this 75hp and the 90/115hp?
If i get a ecu tune up i get 90hp... Why so? Are the injector diffrent? turbo? Can i swap a 115hp injector/turbo to my engine and get 115hp?

Best regards from Chris, Norway :)

It's TDCi, the "new" type. TDDi is the old type and was discontinued in 2006. It's considered the most durable one.

The power options are defined by ECU mapping and turbo variants, yes.

So the only difference between the 75hp and 90 - 115hp is just the turbo? Possible injectors also? If it is the same engine configuration i thought i would get 115hp with a ecu tune but i "only" get 90hp....  Also do you know if the egr pipe can be blocked or will it cause engine fault/limp home mode?

I am not sure about injectors. There have been different injector systems throughout the years, Siemens, Delphi and Bosch. The 75 and 90 hp are just injector map difference. I think the most powerful one has VNT turbo. I know that the later models need some modification for EGR blanking, TDDi is dumb and can be blanked with the €2 plate.

You can get plenty of diesel info in facebook group "transit connec'ed".