Ford Transit Connect Forum

MX Bike Fit

JN3n

Can I get a Motocross bike to fit if I turn the front wheel behind the seat ? I want the bike to go front to back instead of putting the bike in crossways. Help ! This is the only thing that will keep me from buying a TC instead of a nissan NV2500.

Edited by JN3n

Can I get a Motocross bike to fit if I turn the front wheel behind the seat ? I want the bike to go front to back instead of putting the bike in crossways. Help ! This is the only thing that will keep me from buying a TC instead of a nissan NV2500.

I would bet that it would fit easily behind the front seat. I think even my Triumph Bonneville will fit in there, though I haven't tried it yet.

Not sure about the back seat, but even that does fold forward and also comes out pretty easily.

Obviously, the only way to know for sure is to go and measure one at the dealer, and compare to your particular bike.

I'm afraid I know nothing about motorcycles, but you might want to look at zepper's photo gallery and see what you think. Maybe try sending him a message with some questions. He's the only member I can think of off the top of my head who is using the TC specifically to haul a motorcycle.

http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/index.php?/gallery/album/296/49-zeppers-connect-rs/

I'm afraid I know nothing about motorcycles, but you might want to look at zepper's photo gallery and see what you think. Maybe try sending him a message with some questions. He's the only member I can think of off the top of my head who is using the TC specifically to haul a motorcycle.

http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/index.php?/gallery/album/296/49-zeppers-connect-rs/

I sent him a message. I will buy a commercial xlt if it fits. I do not want the front wheel between the seats.My dealers in the Reno area do not have TC's in stock.