Ford Transit Connect Forum

Stock wheel weight?

Spooner

I'm trying to find out what the stock 16" alloy wheels weigh.  I'm looking to get new wheels when I need some tires this spring and am hoping to not have the overall package weigh much more than stock.  Anyone happen to know or where to look?

Well, shows you what I know, huh?

A bit more research shows 16" alloys were standard on the Titanium and the 17" were optional on Titanium and XLT

When I looked into buying a set of new OEM take-off alloy wheels/tires for a 2015 TC (Bay) all I could find were 17" and I didn't want any lower profile, rougher riding tires than the 16" I have on my 2014

Thanks!  -  I'll get to looking for an OEM 16" set

Don

I have the same Alloy's as Spooner.  When I purchased a winter set  Tire Rack had a good deal on a set of Alloy's almost the same  price as a Steel set with hub caps.  I am not giving up any sidewall height either.

The stock wheels are around 20 lbs

new wheels 1absmall.jpg

Edited by G B L

Those look great!

What's the deal with the TPMS sensors?  Did you get new ones mounted in your winter set?  Do they automatically 'talk' to the car or do you have to get the dealer to reset something?  It would be the pits if you had to go to the dealer twice a year to reset the TPMS every time you change tires

Don

I have a set in both sets of wheels.  The TC has a learn mode that you can access and get the car to sync with the different sets of wheels.                                                            I have a tpms tool which makes it a breeze.  The Procedure with out the tool is not very hard just takes longer.

Edited by G B L