Ford Transit Connect Forum

Huge windshield SUCKS !

Has anyone done any tinting of the upper windshield or added a visor, or anything to reduce the blinding by the sun? How Ford can put such a HUGE windshield in this van and then equip it with the tiny sun visors is beyond me. :banghead: All of my early morning trips are EAST and I'm blinded daily by the sun. I move left-right, up-down trying to hide behind the wimpy sun visors but there's no escaping that WIDE space between visors. I'm about ready to get out the spray paint and paint the top half of the glass!! :angry:

Has anyone done any tinting of the upper windshield or added a visor, or anything to reduce the blinding by the sun? How Ford can put such a HUGE windshield in this van and then equip it with the tiny sun visors is beyond me. :banghead: All of my early morning trips are EAST and I'm blinded daily by the sun. I move left-right, up-down trying to hide behind the wimpy sun visors but there's no escaping that WIDE space between visors. I'm about ready to get out the spray paint and paint the top half of the glass!! :angry:

We tinted the top 6" of the window and the bottom 6". I didn't like the way the bottom looked, so we are going to take it off. The top looks really nice though. I will try to get a pic to you.

I wholeheartedly agree regarding the sun visors. My previous work van was a Caravan C/V and it had those DaimlerChrysler visors they all seem to have... the extending ones that you grab and pull on and voila! Longer visor. Why couldn't Ford (1) make the visor physically larger, and (2) include an extending feature?? I always seem to end up with the sun shining on my face from the side window due to the extra height of the window, and the visor is too short to block the whole width of the side window!

• 2 months later...

I love the large windshield! It was one of the selling features for me. My wife and i travel around alot and the large windows are great for sightseeing. The windshield is no more prone to getting hit by rocks or sand per square inch than any other windshield. And its thickness and temper are the same as all other cars on the road as approved by D.O.T. standards. I keep a good following distance between myself and the vehicle in front of me but sometimes even the most cautious of drivers will be hit by something. I drove an old pickup truck for 20 years and the windshield stayed perfect. Then one year it got hit severial times and had to be replaced. I guess for those who feel they are getting too much sun there is always a solution for that. Good thing they dont own a convertable or anything with a sun roof.

I love the large windshield!

I agree. The view of the scenery is like a tour bus. On the other hand though, the sun can get a bit intense. I carry one of those hat-like sun visors to wear on my head when it gets to me. Looks a bit "seventies", but who cares!