Ford Transit Connect Forum

Pretty Good Review from Car & Driver

Beta Don

I did, partially, it's the best looking of city vans. 

Fiat Doblo/RAM Promaster City/Opel Combo:

2560px-Fiat_Doblo_%2822707961995%29.jpg

Opel_Combo_1.6_CDTI_Edition_(D)_%E2%80%9

MB Citan/Renault Kangoo:

citan_05_814x443.jpg

Renault_Kangoo_front_20080415.jpg

Citroen Berlingo/Peugeot Partner

citroen-berlingo-cutout.jpg

Nissan NV200 (ugh):

nissan_2009_nv200.jpg

These are the options over here. Just recently the new Citroen Jumpy/Peugeot Traveller/Toyota ProAce was introduced, this has some nicer lines. It's larger tho:

2016-Peugeot-Traveller-0.jpg

Edited by mrtn

• 8 months later...

I looked at all those pictures above and to me they all look far more, 'Dorkier' than the transit.

I bought mine for three reasons,

1. I needed  that low rear loading deck, took out the third row seats, 

2. The ford 2.5L 4 banger engine, Basically been around forever in the rangers, I trust It.

3. The price, felt like I stole It, New was $29,000 actual selling price was $27700 Got mine eleven months old and with 20,000 miles for $16,000

It Is serving my needs perfectly..

Besides, If I feel the need to look cool or Impress someone I take my Candy Red Pony car :P, Paid for,,It's mine ~

Mrtn, tanks for the pics :)  This is clear evidence that public tastes are changing.  We will likely see an explosion of these vehicles on the roads.  My son gets lots of complements  as he travels from place to place.  His is a 2012 SWB missing one wheel cover :whistling:  It's a camper in a can :hysterical:

I haven't heard any compliments.  I live in The City.  These vans are everywhere.  A large majority are operated for business purposes.  Very few private passenger wagons.  I think that the commercial vehicle buyer is more interested in these vans, than the average person who usually steers towards SUV and larger vans like the Dodge Caravan, Honda Odyssey, and Toyota Sienna.  None of my friends or family have even thought about this van/wagon.  When they think of Ford Vans, they think of plumbers, and airport shuttles.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:32 PM, G B L said:

The second thing I checked was how hard it was to change the headlight bulbs!!

which makes a lot of sense.......

Some cars require you to do things like jack it up, remove the tire, remove the wheel well............while others require you to remove the bumper, remove the grille, then remove the headlight

On 8/11/2017 at 8:32 PM, G B L said: