Welcome to the Ford Transit Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Beta Don

Pretty Good Review from Car & Driver

The proportions also make the Transit Connect Wagon look like something dredged up from the bottom of the sea—a boxfish that grew wheels. 

Did any of us buy this car for the way it looks?

Finally, there’s the Transit Connect’s appearance. Subjective, we know, but it looks fairly dorky.

I did, partially, it's the best looking of city vans. 

Fiat Doblo/RAM Promaster City/Opel Combo:

2560px-Fiat_Doblo_%2822707961995%29.jpg

Opel_Combo_1.6_CDTI_Edition_(D)_%E2%80%9

MB Citan/Renault Kangoo:

citan_05_814x443.jpg

Renault_Kangoo_front_20080415.jpg

Citroen Berlingo/Peugeot Partner

citroen-berlingo-cutout.jpg

Nissan NV200 (ugh):

nissan_2009_nv200.jpg

These are the options over here. Just recently the new Citroen Jumpy/Peugeot Traveller/Toyota ProAce was introduced, this has some nicer lines. It's larger tho:

2016-Peugeot-Traveller-0.jpg

Edited by mrtn

One other reason is the side slider on the LWB is 7 inches longer. I is the only van that does not use the same side door for both models

I bought mine because I like the way I look in it.

Like a peanut in a shoebox.

My wife also calls it a hearse

Mine has been called The Bread Truck

I looked at all those pictures above and to me they all look far more, 'Dorkier' than the transit.

I bought mine for three reasons,

1. I needed  that low rear loading deck, took out the third row seats, 

2. The ford 2.5L 4 banger engine, Basically been around forever in the rangers, I trust It.

3. The price, felt like I stole It, New was $29,000 actual selling price was $27700 Got mine eleven months old and with 20,000 miles for $16,000

It Is serving my needs perfectly..

Besides, If I feel the need to look cool or Impress someone I take my Candy Red Pony car :P, Paid for,,It's mine ~

My relative has just bought the Traveller, almost fully loaded at €39K.

The few things missing were the auto box, seat ventilation and lane assist.

Mrtn, tanks for the pics :)  This is clear evidence that public tastes are changing.  We will likely see an explosion of these vehicles on the roads.  My son gets lots of complements  as he travels from place to place.  His is a 2012 SWB missing one wheel cover :whistling:  It's a camper in a can :hysterical:

I haven't heard any compliments.  I live in The City.  These vans are everywhere.  A large majority are operated for business purposes.  Very few private passenger wagons.  I think that the commercial vehicle buyer is more interested in these vans, than the average person who usually steers towards SUV and larger vans like the Dodge Caravan, Honda Odyssey, and Toyota Sienna.  None of my friends or family have even thought about this van/wagon.  When they think of Ford Vans, they think of plumbers, and airport shuttles.

The reason i first looked at the TC was the Barn Doors, All the other small passenger vans did not have this option.  The second thing I checked was how hard it was to change the headlight bulbs!!

A dork def:  someone or something that is stupid, slow witted, awkward, peculiar, unfashionable, inept and a penis.  :cry::drop::ohsnap::rant2:  Do you think this reflects on the driver too :zombi::kookie::banghead::swear:

Hmmmmmmm.....Nah!  :love_shower:

On 8/11/2017 at 8:32 PM, G B L said:

The second thing I checked was how hard it was to change the headlight bulbs!!

which makes a lot of sense.......

Some cars require you to do things like jack it up, remove the tire, remove the wheel well............while others require you to remove the bumper, remove the grille, then remove the headlight

On 8/11/2017 at 8:32 PM, G B L said:

I  already own one of those,never again! So when it came time for the TC  I checked.