Ford Transit Connect Forum

XLT Power seats: will they raise and how much?

Patterson

Just ordered a 2017 XLT Wagon SWB and am wondering if the driver and passenger seats will raise with the power seats. I know they will go back and forth and change the lumbar support. I prefer to sit up higher and so does my passenger and I'm concerned about how low people appear when you see them driving one of these.

2 hours ago, Patterson said:

Just ordered a 2017 XLT Wagon SWB and am wondering if the driver and passenger seats will raise with the power seats. I know they will go back and forth and change the lumbar support. I prefer to sit up higher and so does my passenger and I'm concerned about how low people appear when you see them driving one of these.

I ordered the same one last Saturday and was told only the driver's seat is power. forward/back/up/down/seat bottom:tilt up or down.  A side lever controls the recline.

On our 14 SWB XLT, only the drivers seat is power.  It does raise and lower a good bit . . . . 2" maybe I would guess.  It's plenty enough IMO.  The lumbar support is in both seats, but it's not power  -  Just a lever on the inboard side of the seatback.  I think you'll probably like the power seat  -  Between it and the infinitely adjustable steering wheel, you can always find a comfortable driving position and you can change it all a bit on a long drive to find a new position when you've been sitting on one place too long

Don