Ford Transit Connect Forum

Traction control light stays on

BSUPC

Took a hard hit to my drivers side front tire today. Some igmo hit me in the Lowe's parking lot. now the traction control light is staying on. Read one post on here that says to check the magnetic ring on the bearing, so that shall be done. Anyone have any other suggestions as well ?

Included a pic ofor the tire and wheel. Wheel goes to the tire shop to be checked out Monday hopefully. 

20161030_012356.jpg

You will need a wheel and most likely a tire.  The ABS system needs a scan to see if the wheel sensor is sending data.  The harness could also be compromised.  The front end need an alignment and a general check out.

There is most likely damage to the ABS sensor and/or the ring on the hub or bearing. Traction control uses the sensor input to make it's decisions. I agree you'll need a wheel, tire, general inspection & alignment in addition to the ABS stuff.

Luckily I was in the store at the time it happened. I would have probably done something stupid otherwise. The igmo hit me and fled leaving no note, only damage behind. 

Tire shop says the tire and wheel are both good to go. Damage to the wheel is only cosmetic. Will update when I can get the the van in the air to work on it. Will be checking the ABS sensor as well as the pigtail and bearing. Van was already due for an alignment so that will be done as well.  The cosmetic damage may give me a reason to upgrade the wheels again next year. lol

Like I have said before, eventually something will break, just a matter of time. My radiator has developed a small leak in the drivers side lower corner. This was pre igmo hit. 

8 hours ago, G B L said:

Good to here , What I first thought was a crack must be just a gouge.

It appeared that away to me as well. But they removed the tire and checked it over to make sure it was not cracked. And it took a lot to convince me it was not cracked. lol

But it is a nice deep gouge in the wheel.