Ford Transit Connect Forum

2012 Connect Last gear not engaging on the Highway

smallWill_Lifting

Yes there is a filter. I dont know the suggested change interval but your probably over due. The torque convertor holds about a gallon and that is hard to get a change on when dropping the atf. 7 quart total. So only get about 3 quarts out when dropping the pan. A poor mans flush will help exchange out more of the used fluid.

My shift point is about 50 mph to 4th gear. Same as my Scion Xb with 4 speed.

When i push the button on the shifter it goes into overdrive, so spikes up to about 4k RPM going 70. I feel like its too high, at 70mph Its roughly 2900. Going 80mph im at about 3000-3100. Is that normal? The CEL is on, and it gave me 2 codes: c1137 and U0402.

Edited by smallWill_Lifting

The final drive ratio in the 2012 tc is 3.96 and the overdrive is .73, the 205  \65\ 15 tires do 791revolutions per mile so 70 mph would be about 2700.  If you push the overdrive lock out you you would get 3600 plus. Sounds like the rpms are close to normal.

Hello smallWill_Lifting. As I replied, and G B L confirmed, your mph/revolutions are correct. Did you just get the Transit Connect? C1137 is the trouble code for the reverse gear switch. U0402 is the trouble code for invalid data received from the transmission control module (TCM). Since, except for the trouble codes, your 2012 Transit Connect seems to be operating correctly, I would clear the codes and see if they come back. Let us know.

I remember the old Taurus having numerous troubles with the transmission range sensor, ie the switch on top of the tranny telling the ECU which position the gear lever is on. It was made of poor quality materials and the copper powder from the worn contacts was all over the sensor causing shorts and wrong readings etc.