Ford Transit Connect Forum

Broken Cam Shaft 10 miles after CAm Belt Change

jonspellen@hotmail.com

Hi All

Just had my 77k mile 07 plate High Top Transit connect, Cam belt & Water pump replaced at my local garage, 10 miles down the road engine started making noise and finally just stopped, had to get it trailed back to the garage, got a call asking me to come and have a look, when I arrived they showed me a shredded belt and a broken in 3 places cam, I have spoken with an RAC mate of mine who suggested I contact a Connect forum so here I am ??

The garage is trying to say its not there fault but he the van needs a new/recon head, I have told them to go ahead and source one.

My RAC man also suggested I contact trading standards any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Best regards Jon Spellen

Every mechanic will say it's not their fault.  For the obvious reasons.  Now, the question is, do you still want them to work on your car?

In California, auto repairs are overseen by the Bureau of Automotive Repair.  is there a government agency in your area?

Local laws will vary.  If I were you, I would immediately find another mechanic.  I would also find a mechanic who can be qualified as an expert witness, and is willing to testify in court.  Then hire a lawyer.  It' sounds like it''s lawsuit time.