Ford Transit Connect Forum

Running heavy fife wire from battery to caro area

Novice

I need some guidance as to the best place to bring the wire from the battery through the bulk head.  I read in another post to rout it through one of the "plugs above the peddles". I located what I think is a "plug" slightly above and twice as far to the left of the break peddle.  However, I have looked everywhere on the other side for the back side of that plug but I can't find anything.  Any tips on where to look or what I might need to disassemble to find the other side of that plug? 

Thanks much

I just wired my trailer lights. The Ford instructions had me run it from the battery box across the front to the passenger side then up through the fender. There's a rubber plug under the trim piece just in front of the passenger window. That comes out above the front passenger kick panel. Worked great. Can take some photos tomorrow if you'd like. 

2 hours ago, G B L said:

IF you have a Gen 2  thereb is a fuse box in the right rear that has ample power for the trailer

Not in mine. Nothing back there at all. I wanted to do a factory install anyway.

8 hours ago, G B L said:

What gauge wire are you using and how big is the fuse?

The wire is 8 gauge with a 60 amp fuse at the battery. I mounted a fused 1 to 4 power distribution block under the floor just behind the passenger seat. The trailer wiring, a 2 channel 50w amp for front speakers and a powered subwoofer will get fused power from there. Amp will be under the floor too with the sub under the passenger seat. I'll post pictures when i get around to doing the audio installation.