Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Beta Don

2014 - 2016 Stainless Grille Dress Up Kit

Has anyone ordered and installed the SS Grille kit from Eurocampers.com?  Got any good pictures?

Any idea where to find that uppermost grille bar which doesn't have the Ford emblem?  Looks much better, IMO

Thanks!

Don

A question for our European owners  -  I'm assuming this picture is of a euro model because of the front license plate

http://www.eurocampers.com/2014--2016-Ford-Transit-Connect-4pc-Chrome-Grille-Accent-Kit_p_1699.html

Does anyone know if the uppermost grille bar without the Ford emblem is available from dealers anywhere in Europe?  I would sure like to find me a source for the part  -  I think the front end looks so much better without that HUGE Ford emblem

Don

Seen it in C-max but not in the new Connect.

Well, since nobody else was in any hurry to order this kit, I bought it and installed it.  Looks pretty nice, IMO

I think that massive faux 'bumper' in the middle would look better with a Euro license plate there  -  Think that will be my next addition.  It's obviously the same bumper used on the Euro models . . . . there's a 21" recess there and the Euro tags are 20" long

Don

P1000298.jpg

Edited by Beta Don

BBJ    0

Looks like you got the last one. They show as out of stock now. 

Beta Don,

Your state does not require front plates?

They should've ditched the moulding completely or made it for US plate only, Euro plate would have covered it. But then again, it would have looked even sillier then with no front plate attached.

No  -  No front plate required in Mississippi.  As a plus, we can stick *anything* we like on the front where the plate would go, so I ordered me a German license plate "14 TC XLT" to go there.  I'll post a picture when it comes in and I get it installed

The stainless grille pieces are high quality and look much better in person than they do in n the picture.  They install with double faced tape and they include a 'primer' to rub on the plastic to make them stick better.  I think they're on there permanently  -  It would be next to impossible to get them off without bending them

I agree they could have done half a dozen things to make the front end look better  -  The basic style is similar to the Ford cars, but the way they implemented in on the TC makes it look like a cheap truck, at least to me.  If you have an XL work van where half the front end is all black, the grill doesn't look as out of place as it does on an XLT where the bumper cover is the same color as the rest of the van

Still waiting on a few pieces to install my new Fog/DRL combination lights.  We're going to Gatlinburg for a week, so the install will be after that

Don 

Well, ordinarily I'm not a big fan of front plates on cars . . . . but in this case, I think it looks better with it than without  :love_shower:

What do you guys think?

Don

P1000301A.jpg

Edited by Beta Don

BBJ    0

Very nice. 

Nice.  Sure wish I didn't have to have front plates here.

Heh. We would get a ticket if there's anything remotely resembling a reg plate on the car (besides the ones issued to it), let alone a real fake plate for fun.

I like it. Naturally, they seem to have discontinued it. Some days I think it is a conspiracy.

Been trying to figure out how to get rid of some of the black on the cargo model in the front & back. Not all, just some. The idea being to give the impression of bumpers. The back is easy enough but the front...........not so much. Now I know that most people seem to want to get RID of bumpers, not add them.