Ford Transit Connect Forum

Add circuits directly to Aux Junction Box using OEM terminals

Don Ridley

It looks like these types of parts typically aren't sold individually, or by the dozen.  OEM factories buy in lots for manufacturing.  In the old days, if you wanted to buy 1 diode, capacitor, resistor, or whatever small electronic item, you went to Radio Shack.  They had every 3 penny part, which they charged you $3 for.  How did they ever go broke with a 1000% mark up on everything in the entire store?  Hundreds of small items which you would not buy thousands of.  You only need 1.  They had it.  And you paid the price.  

At any rate, if you want, I found these:

1862113767_Screenshot2021-04-0123_28_06.png.513e17114058b4819905daed78d62e24.png

The OP links at Mouser have smaller quantities available. If you search the part numbers, one has a cut strip of 100 available for $23 and the other part is available for $0.45 each  individually. Here's the links for those directily.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/1-968857-3-CUT-STRIP?qs=2FIyTMJ0hNlSKAxLPJ6TfQ%3D%3D

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/1-968859-3-Loose-Piece?qs=u4fy%2FsgLU9NmCbrZBWoJHA%3D%3D

When I did my own solution, I ended up spending about $300 in total because most of the small parts I needed had minimum quantities of 100. So in the end I had enough parts to do 20 or so kits and ended up passing on several to other forum members. In addition to Mouser, another supplier I used for small parts was Jameco Electronis. Although I was mostly using them for computer parts so I am not sure on how well stocked they may be for automotive needs.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to follow up on a solution I came up with this weekend... Not being interested in ordering large piles of parts I only needed a few of; ended up going to AutoZone and buying an assortment of terminal connectors that had roughly the right part (they fit the mini fuses used in the AJB). 

Anyway, these connectors (DORMAN Conduct Tite) didn't fit in the AJB slots, but I got bold... and drilled the slot out I needed with a 13/64 bit until the connector I had fit in just snug. Seems to work well enough and hold firm. 

For the record, I was adding trailer light wiring and didn't see the point of running all the way to the battery and using an in-line fuse when I could tap the AJB. Ended up being a very clean install other than the ugly looking shredded plastic in the AJB (will have to go get a picture).

The assorted terminal kit I picked up: https://www.autozone.com/miscellaneous-non-automotive/electrical-wire-connector/dorman-conduct-tite-assorted-ford-technician-terminals-10-pack/318699_0_0?spps.s=1156&cmpid=LIA:US:EN:AD:NL:1000000:ELC:71700000060662503&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIufTVgub08AIVlYvICh0VQwq5EAQYASABEgIM2vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• 1 year later...