Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

RevChief

Seats for 2010-2012 Ford Transit

I am looking for 2nd row seats to fit a 2010-2012 Ford Transit Van. Anyone know of someone who has any to sell? Or someone who knows if front seats can be used and how hard to customize for such use. Someone told me that when vans come into this country the rear seats are removed. If so where might I get in touch with one of these sources.

There had been several for sale up here on Craigslist as people convert to campers or haulers. Start checking at salvage yards.

2 hours ago, RevChief said:

....... Someone told me that when vans come into this country the rear seats are removed. If so where might I get in touch with one of these sources.

Once of the stories I saw on this issue when researching my TC purchase mentioned that they just shred the soft goods and recycle the steel on these seats. Seems a waste since they could likely sell them for more than the recycle value.

6 hours ago, T0ASTERvan said:

@DonShockley I would have liked to have had seats in the van at the time of purchase and simply removed them and even sell them because I knew their might be a need for them to other TC owner. The seats prob would have sold faster than my wheel/tire package. Anything to help finance small upgrades ;)

I purchased the wagon with the seats and removed them almost immediately. But I decided against trying to sell them because the money gained would be relatively minor and I figured I might lose even more than the sale price when it comes time to sell the wagon on to the next owner.