Ford Transit Connect Forum

What goes here?

Tiller

Right behind the shifter, on the climate control panel there are two switches on the drivers side of the midline.  They are switches for the defrosters.

To the right of the midline in the same spot is an identical space for two switches but in mine there is dummy cover there instead.

What optional equipment gets installed here?

I can see switches installed in Don's pic but I can't make out what they are for.

I'd like to but switches in here and use the owner installed mods.   You can see where I'm talking about in the pic.

trn16_pg_005_int_med.jpg

6 hours ago, mrtn said:

Left half of the right space is reserved for "Auto Start-Stop ON/OFF" switch. I have seen this button in a showroom TC. It has a capital A in a circle, like ®

What is it Auto stopping and starting?  :-)

Tiller

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2016 at 6:14 PM, mrtn said:

:)

Apparently there's a TRAC OFF button for the base model with no LCD screen.
Which we all should have, actually. The checkbox deep in the cluster menu is retarded.

I see you found the on off and I Agree we all should have the switch and it should be one button on the wheel.

It would be nice to see if the Starters for the On off system are more robust.

Edited by G B L

On 9/15/2016 at 5:40 AM, Tiller said:

Right behind the shifter, on the climate control panel there are two switches on the drivers side of the midline.  They are switches for the defrosters.

To the right of the midline in the same spot is an identical space for two switches but in mine there is dummy cover there instead.

What optional equipment gets installed here?

I can see switches installed in Don's pic but I can't make out what they are for.

Here are some pics from my German Tourneo. 

The start-stop feature works pretty well believe it or not. The restart is quite smooth compared to some cars I've driven over here.

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

21 hours ago, Tiller said:

Thanks for the pictures!  I want to see if maybe I can get some of those switches and wire them up for aux. lighting.  Now I kind of know what I'm looking for.

Thanks!!

Tiller

I don't know one way or the other, but sometimes things like this end up not being switches, but just circuit boards, so good luck. 

Also, there's the Euro headlight switch with extra buttons:

IMG_0139.JPG

20 hours ago, mrtn said:

We discussed this in another thread. The Euro switch includes the rear fog light and headlight angle adjuster knob. They ditched both for US market. No point of swapping it.

The OP was looking for ways to run some aux lighting... Are you saying this isn't worth looking into?

On 10/16/2016 at 10:22 AM, JewDee said:

On 10/18/2016 at 1:10 PM, Tiller said:

Thanks for the pictures!  I want to see if maybe I can get some of those switches and wire them up for aux. lighting.  Now I kind of know what I'm looking for.

Thanks!!

Tiller

Even if you can't locate those switches or figure out how to suit them to your needs, it is still a very good place for extra switches.  All sorts of toggle type switches could be installed in that location.

On 10/20/2016 at 7:38 PM, Fifty150 said:

Even if you can't locate those switches or figure out how to suit them to your needs, it is still a very good place for extra switches.  All sorts of toggle type switches could be installed in that location.

Yes. I think I could even take the current blanks that are in there and drill them for either for a toggle switch or push-button style switch.  I like the small toggle switch idea as it would put less force impact on the plastic blanks then a push-button style.

What plans do you have for lighting? Unlike the trucks and vans of yesteryear, there aren't smooth flat surfaces to use as mounting points.  And anything forward from the hood will just get knocked off when someone backs into the van as they are parking. 

• 1 month later...

On 10/26/2016 at 1:56 PM, Fifty150 said:

What plans do you have for lighting? Unlike the trucks and vans of yesteryear, there aren't smooth flat surfaces to use as mounting points.  And anything forward from the hood will just get knocked off when someone backs into the van as they are parking. 

Sorry, I haven't been back in awhile.  :-(

I haven't yet decided on what lights I'll add.  Since I will use this for search and rescue I'm probably going to have some type of exterior lighting for area lighting which will probably be mounted in some manner to the roof rack.  I'll also have some extra interior lighting and an inverter.  So I might use these as maybe master shut-offs.

I'm just now beginning to start working on mods.  Been researching and evaluating right now.

9 minutes ago, Tiller said:

I will use this for search and rescue 

There's only one option.  

http://www.unityusa.com/X385-6-dia-X-LED-Rooflight-30-watt-Chrome_p_2771.html

X385 6" dia. X-LED Rooflight, 30 watt, Chrome
00d : 12h : 49m : 10s

On sale$460.13
Retail Price:$676.66
Your Savings:$216.53(32%)

Made to Order: Allow for Production Time

Part Number:X385

X385%20X-LED%20Rooflight%20Chrome.jpg

X385%20X-LED%20Rooflight%20Chrome.jpg

• 2 months later...

The City has outfitted our Rangers with Transit Connects.......equipped with spotlights.  They used the traditional a-pillar mount.  You can probably do the same thing.

I ran into a couple of them today, as I was on my way home.  I was still wearing uniform pants, with a regular jacket covering my shirt.  The girl driving the first vehicle said, "how did you get a new one, and unmarked?"  

It didn't occur to her that I was driving my own car, not a city vehicle.

KIMG0583.JPG