Ford Transit Connect Forum

Rear 12 Volt Plug Location?

Hello All,

So I bought a 2011 Ford Transit Connect! XL model. I want to put a 12 volt cigarette lighter in the rear cargo area. It looks to me like the wiring is actually already there (see picture that I took from rear right of cargo). 

The odd thing is that there isn't any power going to it, and when I look at the fuse box where I think it should go (174) there isn't a fuse or even a connection for a fuse to work.

Any advice? I am ~90% certain that the wire in question is for the rear power outlet. The wire definitely leads to the front of the vehicle, but I am not sure what else to try out.

Thanks!

File_000.jpeg

That's odd. F174 should be there, in both the regular and taxi versions.
I have the manual for the 2012 and it shows power running from F174 in the Central Junction Box through connector C219 and through another mile of wire to the rear power point.
A quick and dirty check:
Measure Pin 10 of C219 and see if there is 12 volts there, or not.
Remove the cover/kick panel on the drivers side, just north of the door. Squeeze the two tabs and remove the loom assembly. (See pic. Except the pic is for the right side. Picture a mirror image of this!)
There are two connectors there, C219 and C237. C219 is the white one. (C237 is green.)
Pin 10 should have an orange wire going to it, the same as at the power point connector. Just stick your test lead into the connector body, next to the pin. Negative is to chassis.
If 12 volts is MISSING at that point, then there is something strange going on with your fuse block.
If the 12 volts is there, then it's disappearing somewhere between there and the power point. Good luck with that!

Did someone add a trailer hitch or some other "unauthorized" modification and was looking for a quick and easy source of 12 volts?
The possibilities are really limitless at this point.

IMG_2780.JPG

Hello BenFirst. As per the 2010 wiring diagram, once again, fuse 174 is for the rear power point. Please confirm you are looking at the correct fuse position, Central Junction Box (CJB), under the dash, to the left of the steering column,row just up from the last row, fourth fuse position from the left. Let us know.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

> Went to put a fuse in 174 and there are not any clips to hold it in

There aren't any fuse clips in ANY of the empty/unused slots.
What do you suppose they save by leaving them out? A couple cents each?

Oh, well. What are you gonna do?