Ford Transit Connect Forum

Our new 2015 TC dim lights seem too dim or pointed incorrectly as a night there is what seems to be a dark line not too far in front of you and it makes it difficult to drive without the brights on.  Can the lights be adjusted or has anyone else noticed this?  What can be done?? 

On the Model here there is a vertical beam adjuster on each  light, it is yellow and has a hex key opening.  Put your TC 25 to 30 feet from a flat wall and you can adjust the beams .  I did mine and the lights are now great.

mrtn can you take a photo of the adjustment nob you have ? We might be on the short end of the stick here again

My 2015 had horrible adjustment on the lights when I first received it also. Since I often work a night shift, it was a real issue on my first trip to work after making the purchase on my days off. Fortunately, the TC has the easiest adjusters I've ever used and the adjustment procedure in the manual is easy to follow. Took less than 5 minutes during a break at work that same night. As GBL mentioned, the adjuster is a bright yellow screw, easy to find with good access.

Here is an idea for 2014+ Transit Connect owners, but first a little background...... The 2010 Transit Connect started out with no front fog lamps but did have rears! When I added my first, of many lights, the 2011 was released with both front and rear fog lamps. I noticed the main lighting switch had an additional position for the front fog lights so I bought the 2011 switch and used it to control the front fog lamps I added. Now, back to 2016.... If you are adding additional lighting in your 2014+ Transit Connect, why not buy the UK/EU switch and use it to control your additional lights or any other accessory that many need a switch.

The reflector assy inside the cluster moves up and down. This has been a standard feature for all cars sold in Europe since the 80s. HIDs have to have automatic leveling.

The headlight price is in some other headlight thread. I checked it a few months ago.

EDIT: no, found the prices, it was a private correspondence with Nate.

Left: €294

Right: €337

Edited by mrtn
found it

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for posting about how to adjust the lights.

this has been on my To Do list since I got the van. As the days are getting shorter again, I keep thinking about needing to do this.

the high beams and fog lights are great but I can't see very well with regular beams and I love the how the lights project to the sides when turning the wheel.

Edited by windguy