Ford Transit Connect Forum

Remote Turn On Wire Head Unit

jbarraclough

All,

Trying to add a modest amp and subwoofer to my 2010 TC. Planning on upgrading head unit but for now will live with high level inputs which I tapped into behind the head unit and ran the wires to the amp. Then I realized I totally forgot to run the power wire that switches the amp on when the head unit is powered up. Can anyone please help me identify this wire (if it even has one)? Sometimes the wire was also referred to as the electronic antenna wire and was blue (I believe) in most applications.

Thanks,

JB

• 1 year later...

This is the info for the wiring in the 2010. Pin 16 of the 6000 radio connector is a yellow/green wire that is hot in the ACC and Run ignition switch positions. Pin 15 is a orange/black wire that is hot at all times. Hope that helps.

This is the info for the wiring in the 2010. Pin 16 of the 6000 radio connector is a yellow/green wire that is hot in the ACC and Run ignition switch positions. Pin 15 is a orange/black wire that is hot at all times. Hope that helps.

Great, thanks!