Ford Transit Connect Forum

Start Stop

Cosworth

I've noticed the Auto Start-stop feature is available on UK ecoboost models. Just to be clear, this automatically shuts down the engine when the vehicle is stationary and in neutral gear and restarts the engine when the driver wants to move off, saving the fuel usually wasted while the vehicle is stationary what would it take to install on .

What would it take to install on an US model???

The TC box is so slow to engage I think it would be more of an annoyance :) 

Lots of honking, I'd imagine.

I did not get one with the system, saw it in the show room, there was a button in the dash labeled (A) for turning it off in case it gets old.

The driver interface would be critical. The other unknown is how it affects the life of the starter and the ring gear.  The projected fuel savings might be small if the TBO (Time Before Overhaul) for those parts  is reduced by a significant amount 

I bet it has a different starter. You'd also have the system off in hot and freezing weather as it won't be able to cool or heat the cabin when the engine is off. Not sure if there's a separate battery and circulation to run the A/C and heater from while the engine is off.