Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transit Loosing Ignition power while driving, please help!

PATWS6

Noticed today while driving that it will constantly lose power gauges flicker and radio goes off. If I floor the car and bring the RPMs over 3k it suddenly has all the electrical power in the world and all the flickering stops. I know it's got an internal voltage reg on the alternator all wires seem to be in tact I traced it back through the loom. Stumped

thanks guys

High cool fan was not working due to a 50amp fuse blowing. Ac was low 2 cans. I ripped the whole wiring harnass apart starting at the main fuse box under the hood. Started with the largest wires and traced out and confirmed either 12v 5v reference or ground. Found all kinds of s**t. The power junction splice between the alt  coming in and battery coming out is a complete cluster f**k. Anyway the van is running great ac is mega cold and I didn't find anything to confirm a ground or power issue, so I'm sure the problem is still there we have only put 100 miles on it. I don't know where else to go with this issue. Again, i can only confirm its a power issue when the problem happens by going WOT once over 3k RPMs it has all the electrical power in the world. Lol

Edited by 103west43rd
Profanity

I recently had AC issues on a large truck and that the cab fan would not run and once the R134 was back to normal levels all was well again. The smart logic to save systems sometimes can be perplexing. 12 bucks for the R134 sure beat a new controller or fan assembly.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lots of cars from many different  factories have had electrical connector issues.  It is never a  pleasant experience to be in the middle of that kind of problem.  You at least have the satisfaction of knowing how much time it took and not having to wonder why you got a giant bill for what seemed like a small problem.

Hope the Service from your Van continues to improve