Ford Transit Connect Forum

2013 TC both turn signals flash fast

Hello BossMan. There is not too much in the turn signal circuit. The turn signal switch completes the circuit for the left or right side for the Generic Electronic Module (GEM). The GEM then sends the voltage to the turn signal bulbs. The GEM also controls the speed of the blinking. The GEM controls numerous  items in the van, so it is a last resort to replace. Let me look for other possible reasons.

22 hours ago, 103west43rd said:

BossMan, three questions. Have you had the Transit Connect since new, or did you just get it with the turn signal blinker problem? Are there any trouble codes? What are the turn signal bulb numbers?

Its a company vehicle, bought new.  Recently assigned to me though. I'll check the bulb model numbers when I get home.  

• 1 year later...

Had the same issue and made me nuts till I found problem. 

It is probably the bulb holder for TS. What I found is that the bulb holder wears through where it is in contact with bulb.  You can solve by slightly bending wire on bulb or replacing holders. My dealer stocks a big bag of holders so they are aware of issue.  

image.jpg