Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

BenFirst

Different Cargo Dimensions?

Hi All,

I am looking at buying a used Ford Transit Connect and am having an embarrassing amount of time figuring out the different roof heights and wheel base options.
It looks like 2014 - forward has SWB and LWB and no roof options.
2010 - 2013 has ????
I am looking into converting the cargo space into a mini camper for the weekend but need to be solid on the dimensions first. Does anyone have any idea on this stuff? I've found it surprisingly hard to find on Ford's website.
Thanks!

What do you need? I have both, Mk1 & Mk2 LWB.

Thanks for the Reply MRTN!

My main question is: does the MK1 have a SWB and LWB like the MK2 does? Or is it just the long wheel base option.

Hello BenFirst. Here are the Ford Body Builder URL's for the 2010-1013 and 2014-2016 Transit Connects. They will have all the dimensions you should need to know. The 2010-2013 Transit Connects came with one wheelbase and only with the high roof. When Ford changed to the mini-van look they dropped the high roof. https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2010/2010_Transit_Connect.pdf, https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2014/2014_Transit_Connect_v1-0.pdf

Edited by 103west43rd

In the US Ford only introduced the long wheelbase/high roof model. It was also available short/low in Europe. No other length/height combos.

My main question is: does the MK1 have a SWB and LWB like the MK2 does? Or is it just the long wheel base option.

Hi Benfirst,

I have been working on my 2012 camper conversion for a few weeks now and I can say that if you want too sit inside, the roof is just okay, so

a latter model is probably a bit tight for that usage.

Hi Benfirst,

I have been working on my 2012 camper conversion for a few weeks now and I can say that if you want too sit inside, the roof is just okay, so

a latter model is probably a bit tight for that usage.

okay thanks! Originally I was looking at the 2014, but after looking at a 2010 I agree at 6 foot tall I figure I can have a 12'' bed and have just enough to not be hitting my head to often.

On 7/3/2016 at 5:55 PM, 103west43rd said:

Hello BenFirst. Here are the Ford Body Builder URL's for the 2010-1013 and 2014-2016 Transit Connects. They will have all the dimensions you should need to know. The 2010-2013 Transit Connects came with one wheelbase and only with the high roof. When Ford changed to the mini-van look they dropped the high roof. https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2010/2010_Transit_Connect.pdf, https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2014/2014_Transit_Connect_v1-0.pdf

Thank you for these reference pages.  I've been looking all over a resource like these!  Even Ford struggled to point me to a place where they could be found.  Thank you!  ~Minimalist

Let's create a resource that will respond to searches about BenFirst's original question.

The Ford Truck Body Builder Advisory Service URL includes a wealth of information on each of the commercial vehicles, by model year.  You can find the Body Builders Layout Book (referenced just above by 103west43rd, as well as Model Year differences (helpful!) under Publications > What's New, and many other resource documents.

<https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/>

Specifications, measurements, dimensions, Manuals, Warranty, applications, towing, Incomplete Vehicle Manual, and Bulletins.

~Minimalist