Ford Transit Connect Forum

Gas Cap Sticking

Bruce2174

Has Anyone had problems with the Gas cap???? on Two Different occasion I have had to use a pair of channel locks to get the gas cap off. The first time I thought it was just a fluke. The Second time the guy at the gas station says he has seen the same problem on two other transit connects that have come in for gas.

• 6 months later...

If you get it started back on crooked/cross-threaded it's a biotch to get off............ :banghead:

I find that if i really get low on fuel ,, when the light comes on the dash ,, when i go to fill up the cap is hard to get off ,, it almost seems like there's a lot of suction on the cap. It was worse when i let it get that low in the winter ,, took forever to get it off then. I normally don't let it get down to a 1/4 tank in the winter ,, but didn't notice the tank that low. Won't let that happen again :)

Never had that problem with the TC, but once did on a motorcycle. A nice smear of good old grease fixed it for a month at a time, but a few strokes with sandpaper did a more permanent job. It didn't take much sanding, but wipe it off well afterwards, before using. Probably best not to have flakes of plastic i the tank.

• 1 month later...