Ford Transit Connect Forum

2016 Ford Focus ST wheels.

uberconnect2015

I've been wanting these wheels for my 2015 TC. So i had found some on ebay for $800, luckily for me the seller was local so I struck a deal with the seller for $450 and I would pick them up. Just got back from Discount Tire and took advantage of there memorial day sale and bought a set of 235/45/18 tires ?. These wheels set off my TC, had 2 people already compliment me on how nice it is. It's just the regular base xlt lwb, but these should be standard on the titanium TC.

Edited by uberconnect2015

Always loved these wheels. They're standard in many Ford models at Titanium trim level.

I've thought of getting a set but they only look good in large sizes and low profile tires. Can't go up as mine's registered as a commercial vehicle and the tire size is listed in registration.

Also looks great on S-Max:

ford-s-max-09.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad to report that I was involved in an traffic accident when a motorist decided to make a u-turn in front of me smh! No airbags deployed thankfully but both front doors won't open even though the damage was on the passenger side and windshield cracked. Fingers crossed they don't total it out ?

29 minutes ago, mrtn said:

Dashcams, gentlemen, you heard it here first.

That's why I have two, normal front facing and also one on the rear liftgate window. If I am at fault, like a few months ago when I got my first ticket in 25 years by missing the reduced speed sign at the start of a new construction zone along my daily commute, at least I know for sure and don't feel bad about paying the appropriate penalty. But if it turns out that I am not at fault, there's at least some evidence that may help. Of course, some people turn a blind eye to what they don't want to admit. Unfortunately, this can also include insurance companies and the legal system. So it's no guarantee.

On 7/10/2016 at 5:15 PM, mrtn said:

The power supply cable to my dash cam stopped working like a month ago. Just my luck, but got lucky with the witnesses.

Edited by uberconnect2015
Misspelled

On 7/10/2016 at 6:15 PM, mrtn said:

I use(d) one like religion - see below.

12 hours ago, uberconnect2015 said:

The power supply cable to my dash cam stopped working like a month ago. Just my luck, but got lucky with the witnesses.

For some reason, mine isn't getting power any longer.  I'm going to have to get a new cable or a new unit tomorrow.

• 2 months later...

Interesting.  It did not look like a lot of damage.  But it was totaled.  Van was about 1 year old.  How much was the repair estimate?  Can it really cost more to fix than what the van is worth?    I guess that is one of the issues with modern vehicles.

My guess is the frame was tweaked one way or another.  It would explain why he had driver side door issues.  I know there are places that can straighten frames but its not cheap nor always reliable.  Once metal has been bent, it's always going to be suspect unless reforged.

You  might want to buy it back. you might find a market for the parts just here on this forum!

• 2 months later...

There is no 'frame' to straighten  -  It's all unibody.  Even a minor front end collision could alter the position of the entire driveline  -  Engine, trans *and* the front wheel position . . . . and no frame to straighten to put it all back where it belongs

After taking apart the front end doing my foglight install, I commented to my wife that I hope we never have even a minor front end collision like the one she just had in our RWD electric car  -  The EV cost less than $3K to fix and I thought that was very high, given the very minimal damage  -  We drove it home after the accident and there was zero damage to any running gear . . . . still drove straight and true

After looking at the way the front end of our TC is put together, I would not be at all surprised that a similar low speed crash would total it 

Don

Edited by Beta Don

The unibody can be straightened. The complexity of all the systems makes the retail process so expensive that the car is totalled. Then if it is good enough a body repair that does salvage rebuilds will buy it and rebuild it and then sell it with a salvage title.

7 hours ago, Beta Don said:

I would not be at all surprised that a similar low speed crash would total it 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumper_(car)

International safety regulations, originally devised as European standards under the auspices of the United Nations, have now been adopted by most countries outside North America. These specify that a car's safety systems must still function normally after a straight-on pendulum or moving-barrier impact of 4 km/h (2.5 mph) to the front and the rear, and to the front and rear corners of 2.5 km/h (1.6 mph) at 45.5 cm (18 in) above the ground with the vehicle loaded or unloaded.[24][29]

2.5 MPH?

You could jog into the car, and damage it.