Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Welshdean

Leak into passenger footwell

I've recently bought my 2004 lwb connect and noticed today after all the rain that there is a puddle in the passengers footwell.

I don't see anything dripping from the roof and felt underneath the glovebox and found the black material is wet. I've been told a few possible causes but I'm unsure of the best way to carry out the repairs on each. Below is a few of the things people have said that could be the cause.

I'm looking for advice and info on how to sort these possible causes and if there's any I've missed out please let me know.

Thanks....

Roof gutter seals

Pollen filter housing

Heate matrix

Door seals. ( don't think it's this though )

You can trace the origin with a bright light. All suggestions are good, the door seal the least likely. Windscreen seal is another one I'd check.

How do I go about checking with a bright light, not done that method before. And is the windscreen seal a big problem, if so, how does it come in

Get a flashlight. You find the top spot in the area which is wet. That's the closest under the leak. Windscreen needs to be reattached if it leaks.

Is it a common problem if it's the windscreen and how would I know if it's that

I've just begun modifing my t/c cargo into a mini camper and in doing so have found humorous holes in the undercarrage that would allow water from under the van into the interior

Has it recently rained a lot or have you gone through some standing water?

My van is a 2015 and I see yours is an older model so what I'm saying may not apply