Ford Transit Connect Forum

Mosquito Netting on Front Windows - Camping

I've come to the conclusion that I would have to make something myself as all the commercially available screens just don't cut it.The combination of plastic and metal precludes the magnet type working very effectively. Thinking of a "sock" type set up that would go over the door and have a magnet base on the outside. Still in the thinking about it phase...

• 3 months later...

I came upon this comment on the product EQUINOX No-See-Um Netting  at Amazon site.   I think this is what you are looking for.   (I have not figured out how she did by "Fold the piece in half, sew the two sides together,"       My question is: which two sides? )

This is great. Forget those expensive skeeter screens that attach magnetically ...

By Patricia E on August 20, 2014

Size: One SizeColor: One Color Verified Purchase

OK campers, listen up. This is great. Forget those expensive skeeter screens that attach magnetically to your car, or draping the netting over the door and then slamming it shut to keep it in place, only to have it fall to the ground every time you open the door. I camp in my Honda Fit, so I made "pillow cases" out of this netting. Fold the piece in half, sew the two sides together, open the car door, slip the netting case over and you're good to go. (Note: one package needed per car window. There will be extra bulk but that's ok - minimizes tension on the stitching.) I can sleep with the windows open 3 - 4 inches for ventilation and when nature calls in the middle of the night, I get out and back in without the hassle of rearranging the netting. Maybe someone already makes something like this and I'm not as clever as I think I am but I love the concept and this netting is perfect for the job. Having all 4 windows covered also adds a nice "darkening" effect so I have a little privacy for clothes changes. Good stuff!

• 3 years later...

Guess Patricia made a DIY version of an Amazon product called Shade Sox. I don't think the manufactured item would fit my 2013 Connect, but the concept of a "pillowcase" (with 3 sides closed and bottom short width open) is good. Slip it over the door and good to go!